Monday, November 14, 2011

Insert Witty Title

Cause I can't think of one!  And I'm a day behind once again.  Maybe I am thankful that it is only one day behind and not two?  Nah - I can do better than that.  I was thinking yesterday, as I gave my sweet Ginger a bath and a trim, how thankful I was to get to do that chore.  A little over 2 years ago, she got incredibly sick, spent 9 days in a specialty animal hospital, but somehow made it through.  We didn't think she was going to make it, so I try to remember every day to be thankful for the gift she is to our family.  I know she won't be around forever, so I am so very grateful for the "extra" time we've had with her. 

I am also so very thankful to a co-worker who will be joining me in a karaoke duet tomorrow evening at our annual student vs. staff volleyball game half-time show.  Even though back in the day I sang in front of people all the time at church and the like, I haven't really done that for years, so the thought of getting in front of people and karaoke-ing made my tummy hurt just a tiny bit.  And yes, I volunteered and did this to myself, but I feel bad, because I know no one wants to volunteer for the duty and I refuse to make a fool of myself on the actual volleyball court, so there you have it.  But - I don't have to do it alone.  My friend Becky, agreed to join me and we're going to try to pull off some kind of Sister Act routine.  Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll have a picture of us to post later this week. We'll see.

3 comments:

Shea said...

Wish I could be there to hear you two sing!

Rachel said...

I knew it was Becky that vol. to sing with you. Best of luck. i am such it will be funny.

Kristen said...

Where are the pictures?! I want to see that Sister Act! I bet you did awesome.