This morning, it's sure hard to believe it was that warm yesterday. We went to church at 4 last night, walked in with comfortable temps around 60 and walked out to a cold wind and a car thermometer reading 43. Which leads me to being so thankful that we went to church last night and didn't have to leave our nice warm house this morning! I sure do love being all snuggled up in my bed with my cup of coffee. I love lazy mornings! And I'm thankful that the rest of my day will continue to be a lazy one (with the exception of laundry), because I didn't bring any work home this weekend. I'm planning on spending a lot of my day curled up with a new book I started yesterday. Sounds like the perfect day!
I'm also thankful for good friends. We enjoyed a good time hanging out after church with one of our favorite couples and their kiddos. I'm so thankful for their friendship and for the good times we have together.
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only 4 days away! We are hosting Brandon's family and it should be a fun day. Luke is anxiously awaiting the day after, because he can't wait to get the tree up. He's been talking about it about since he took off his Halloween costume! I've been sneaking a little Christmas music (just a little!) here and there. I was so disappointed to see/hear that Kansas City doesn't seem to be having any Christmas music radio stations this year. However, was thrilled when I heard my XM radio now has a Christmas station. Starting Friday, I'll be tuning in regularly whenever I drive somewhere. I have barely thought about Christmas shopping...I know this might be hard for a lot of women to believe, but my husband is a way better gift shopper than I am and takes care of most of our shopping. He always has good ideas for people (my family included!). I'll come home from work and he'll say nonchalantly, "Oh, I took care of your Dad's (or Mom's or Grandma's, etc...) Christmas gift today." I know...I am so lucky!!!! I can't even think of things that I want for gifts, much less what to get for others. I would be in big trouble without him!
2 comments:
Gift giving is not my "love language", either. I have such a hard time thinking of ideas! I will definitely be looking for the Christmas station on XM!
We've heard that 94.1 is supposed to start playing Christmas music the day after Christmas if you need another alternative. :) Dusty was pretty devistated when he realized there was no Christmas music starting on November 1st!
Post a Comment