We finally got around to carving a pumpkin on Sunday evening. With conferences taking up 2 of my evenings last week and Luke at Grandma's Friday and Saturday night, we just about ran out of time for carving this guy up before Halloween. Luke had been dying to get the pumpkin carved and when Sunday night rolled around and Brandon and I were working on it, where was Luke? In Brandon's office watching the Steelers and Patriots football game. Brandon and I looked at each other and said, "Now - why are we doing this?" After yelling at Luke to get his you-know-what in the kitchen, we had just a real nice time together. Luke even posed for some pictures.
Before carving...Luke's request was for a scary face.
How's this for a scary face?
"I only smile with my lips closed." -Luke Spaeth
Ooooh...scary!
I think it turned out pretty well for us - we're pretty low-tech on our pumpkin carving.
Halloween was a lot of fun for Luke. His only goal for trick-or treating was to not return home until his bucket was full. He met his goal and we'll be enjoying candy for quite awhile, I think! What was hilarious was that after we got home, Brandon and I told him - go crazy, it's Halloween, eat whatever you want, eat as much as you want. So, what does he do? He starts sorting his candy by the types he got. Wow - go crazy, kid! It was like he enjoyed the fact that he had so much, he didn't even really want to eat it.
Spiderman 2011 - great costume, except for the mask. He really didn't like it - it was hard to breathe in it, according to Luke. It was hilarious as we trick-or-treated too - he kept pullin on it and half the time, he couldn't even see. I loved it when he'd walk over to other adults once he got his candy - he couldn't tell them from me since he couldn't see. It was like leading a little blind child around - "Follow my voice..."
Ginger loves Halloween too...well, sort of.
This is what a bucket-full of candy looks like!
And now it's on to Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide if I have enough time and brainpower to do a thankful countdown again this year. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment