All good things must end...sad, but true! It was back to the grind for the Spaeths today. I have to say, though, that the past 5 days were probably my best break of the entire year. Shorter than Christmas, but so much less craziness! I actually felt more rested and relaxed than I have felt for a long time. So thankful!
We continued our eating binge with a pizza buffet lunch and ice cream supper on Monday & then tried to wean ourselves off the junk with some "normal" food yesterday. We made a trip to visit Luke's preschool teachers yesterday afternoon. They were so happy to get to see him and hear all about his kindergarten experiences. Luke was so nervous when we got there, I almost thought he was going to start crying when he walked into the room. I don't know what it was, but he was just overwhelmed to see the two ladies who were his teachers for his 2 years in preschool. After big hugs, all was well again, though. We capped off the afternoon with a trip to the park. Fun times, indeed.
And what a gorgeous day today is. Knowing the nicer weather was on its way, I spent a little time revisiting my favorite spring/summer activity to get my feet ready for flip-flops and open-toed shoes! I love this time of year!

No comments:
Post a Comment