Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's the Little Things

Sometimes it is the little things that make life fun.  Especially if you are a 5 (almost 6 - he'd be sure to tell you) year old boy.  It was a boring Friday evening with no plans at the Spaeth house, so what to do?  Hmmm...how about spice up bedtime with a good, old-fashioned fort/tent thingy made out of blankets?  That worked for Luke.  He was in heaven when I told him we could get his sleeping bag down & he could sleep in it all night.  We made shadow puppets on the walls with flashlights in the dark, and you would have thought that was better than any TV show or movie he's ever watched.  Too cute. 
The fort - notice how intricately I put this thing together. (Ha ha!)

Happy boy

It's big enough for mom to fit in (sorry for my makeup-free appearance - yes, I was ready for bed before 8 p.m.)

Room enough for Dad too.  Fun times!


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Awe... that looks like so much fun! I'm going to have to show Brady these pictures... he'll love it!

Kristen said...

Brady just looked at the pics and said "Silly Lukey"!