Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break, Days 2-4

Saturday was another beautiful day.  Our morning walk was a little chilly, but with the sun shining brightly down, it was hard to even notice the slight bit of chill.  To quote John Denver, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy."  Hard to argue with that!  Brandon's brother arrived from Des Moines around 2:30 and we left for Stroud's around 3:40 for our annual birthday dinner for Brandon's mom.  Over the years, we have learned to arrive earlier and earlier for our trip to Stroud's.  This year, because the weather was so nice and maybe because of the Big 12 Tournament being in town, we still had close to an hour's wait.  We entertained ourselves outside by looking at the geese and swan at the pond and walking around the grounds.  Luke drummed up his inner cowboy and the time passed fairly quickly.
Now there have been other years where we have waited 1-2 hours and the weather has been cold, which means you're crammed into the tiny waiting area with what seems like a bazillion people.  Not this year!  And of course, the food was worth the wait.  The chicken, the mashed potatoes and gravy, the green beans, the STICKY BUNS!  So amazingly good...always makes me think of the fried chicken dinners my grandma used to make.  We just don't cook like that around here!  After all the dinner we stuffed ourselves with, we came back here and plied ourselves with cheesecake too.  I probably didn't really even need to eat anything yesterday after all that food.  Of course, I did eat and I didn't work out, but hey, it's spring break!

Yesterday, was a pretty dull, all around boring day, and that was okay.  I took a great nap and did a lot of laundry.  I am excited that we have now "sprung forward".  I know it's a little hard to adjust to that "lost" hour, but come on, it's going to stay light later...who doesn't love that? 

And today - we wake up to this:

Seriously?  At least it is not as much as it could possibly have been, and based on the forecast for the next few days won't be sticking around, but come on!  This better be the last one...many of us may lose our sanity if we don't get a break from this winter stuff.  On the agenda for today - the workout I didn't get around to yesterday, reading, a trip to Target, nothing much exciting, but it's great to have another day off!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a perfect day off to me!