Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Countdown - Day 4

I have had a truly blegh day.  Work was crazy and stressful - getting my kids caught up with all their end of quarter tests (with more to look forward to tomorrow & next week!) may be the death of me.  Luke came home from school sick, my computer is not working right, and it is Thursday, which in my anal-retentive world means that I feel like I have to keep my weekly cleaning schedule and at least vacuum. (which I did - would someone teach me how to let things go?)  As I vacuumed, I listened to Christmas music hoping it would bring me some good cheer, and I heard this song.  I had planned to go the more traditional route today, but when I heard this song, I decided it was a good one to go with.  It's called "Sing, Mary Sing" by Jennifer Knapp.  I like this because it's upbeat and fun and it definitely lifted my spirits as I listened to it.  You can listen to it here.  Lyrics:

Mary Had A Baby Born In A Manger
Mary What To Do, Mary What To Do?
Before The Vow Was Made,
In Her Belly Laid The King

Sing Mary, Sing
Lullabye The King
Born To Be Our Pardon
No Longer Shall We Weep
Come Soften What Was Hardened
Sing Mary, Sing

Herod With A Vision Out With A Vengeance
Mary What To Do, Mary What To Do?
Flee To Galilee
Raise A Baby King Of Peace

Sing Mary, Sing
Lullabye The King
Born To Be Our Pardon
No Longer Shall We Weep
Come Soften What Was Hardened
Sing Mary, Sing

Mary In Your Mourning
Turn Now As You Weep
Look To See A Savior
O, Sing Mary, Sing!
Sing Mary, Sing!

No comments: