For a short week, it has been a really long one for sure. I am counting my blessings right at this moment that I can enjoy the next 10 days without the craziness of work! This is always a good time of year to count our blessings anyway, which leads me to one of my favorite songs of all time "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep" by Irving Berlin. It's originally from the holiday classic White Christmas, but Amy Grant (I know - her again - and you're getting another Amy song tomorrow - sorry!) did a version on her Christmas Collection album a couple years ago that I just love listening to. You can't go wrong with this song as long as it causes you to consider the blessings and gifts we've been given as you listen to it. You can listen to it here for Amy Grant's version or here if you want the original White Christmas version with Bing Crosby. Or you can just read the lyrics:
When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

No comments:
Post a Comment