Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Christmas Countdown - Day 3
So often when we think of Christmas, or any holiday for that matter, we think of spending time with our families. Each year I look forward to spending time with my family - my parents, my sister and brother and their spouses and kids. I always feel like once the holidays are over, there is this let-down, because it all goes by so fast and you're so busy getting from gathering to gathering that you don't have time to really relax and enjoy the time spent with loved ones before you're rushing off to the next thing. Today's song is called "To be with You" sung by Sara Groves. When I hear this song, it almost makes me well up with tears because it is truly what I long for during the holidays, but don't always feel like I get. You can listen to the song here. If you like this Sara Groves song, she has a free Christmas album from a prison tour she did around last Christmas that you can download here.
Here are the lyrics for "To be with You":
We come in from our travels,
Lay our gifts beneath the tree,
My mother's in the kitchen,
The parade is on TV.
My father's with his father,
They're setting out some toys,
The kids all want the train he's had
Since he was a boy.
To be with you,
To be with you,
I love this time of year,
It always brings me here,
To be with you.
I fall in with my sisters,
Just like when we were young,
My grandma holds the baby,
She rocks and softly hums.
We gather round the table,
We close our eyes and sing,
"Praise God from whom all blessings flow,"
To be with you,
To be with you,
I love this time of year,
It always brings me here,
To be with you.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
We set out milk and cookies,
The kids are quick to bed,
They know Saint Nick is coming,
And nothing need be said.
We gather by the fire,
Reminiscing by its light,
The kids'll be up early,
But it's hard to say goodnight - Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
To be with you,
To be with you,
I love this time of year,
It always brings me here,
To be with you,
To be with you,
I love this time of year,
It always brings me here,
To be with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment