Saturday, November 20, 2010

DGD - Day 20

It has been so hard for me to believe that my little guy, who is not so little anymore, started kindergarten this year.  I have been grateful all year for the amazing and wonderful teacher he has had to start him off in his school career.  It is so nice to have him come home from school each day happy and excited about what he is doing in the classroom.  As a teacher myself, it has totally blown my mind how much planning and organization must go into the day in the life of a kindergarten teacher.  And not only that, the weight and responsibility of training these kids who have never been in "real" school how to be students and hopefully teaching them the joy of learning.  All I can say is that I am very thankful, in particular, for Luke's teacher, and for all the people out there who want to teach kindergarten.  I know people say that middle school teachers have to be special people, and maybe that's true in a sense, but in my opinion, you must be really, very, extra special to be a kindergarten teacher.

No comments: