Sunday, February 7, 2010
I Impress Myself
One thing that I do not usually lack is confidence...not sure why, but I'm pretty sure I'm always right & if you don't believe that, ask Brandon. I am probably fairly guilty of being a little arrogant at times, but I have to say that sometimes I even impress myself. Now, the joy of having a little boy is learning how to play with little boy toys like Hot Wheels and Legos and Transformers. I admit, I just don't have a great little boy imagination with those things, but something I can really get into is this set of building things called a "Zoobmobile" set that Luke got for Christmas. You can take these pieces and build really cool cars and trucks with them. Luke and I spent time building a few little cars with the pieces...nothing too difficult. And then the day came when I asked Luke which car he wanted to build that day & he pointed to the one that used every single part in the box - the 12-wheel flatbed. My confidence was shaken - it seemed too big, too complicated for someone of even my great abilities (see, I really do think a lot of myself). Well, needless to say, it took quite a bit of time, but we built that baby. Take a look at our masterpiece, which by the way, is now in pieces and back in the box because it didn't last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm... I vaguely remember growing up with someone who thought she was pretty hot stuff. :) I'm glad that you haven't lost any of your confidence!
Post a Comment