Yesterday, I started my round of Sunday laundry. It didn't last long.
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
The diagnosis is that (likely) the transmission went out. It was nearly 13 years old, but I must admit I am quite sentimental about my washer. It was the first major appliance Brandon and I bought, and it ended my days of doing laundry in yucky laundromats. When we lived in Maryville, I did my laundry at a gas station & people could smoke there. So gross, but it was the cheapest and we had to watch our quarters! So sad to see this one go, but so thankful for the many happy hours of laundry I've been able to do in the comfort of my own home. Laundering will continue on Thursday with the arrival of my new washer.
Luke got to do a first with Grandma & Grandpa Jackson last night. They came and got him and took him roller skating for the first time at a skating party with their church. We warned Luke that there would likely be lots of falling down, so he couldn't get mad or upset about it. It sounds like he was finally sort of getting the hang of it just when it was time to go home, but he had a great time. Here's a picture Grandpa sent us of him in action.
(I think he must be nocturnal - look at those shiny eyes! Or maybe it was just the disco ball...)
Tonight, we're settling in early since it's once again a school night. Luke and I have been reading the Little House series. I don't know if those are necessarily "boy" books, but they were a childhood favorite of mine & I have all of them, so why not. Luke really enjoys listening to Laura's adventures and learning about what life was like in the late 1800's. As we were reading tonight, we discovered evidence of a well-loved book.
Uh oh - better dig out the tape!
Just in case you were wondering - we're about to finish On the Banks of Plum Creek.

No comments:
Post a Comment