Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What are you calling it?

Blizzard of 2011?
The storm of a lifetime?
Snowmageddon?
Snowpocalypse?
Snowprah Winfrey? (because everyone gets a blizzard!)
All of the above?  I love how big storms always get names that will live on in infamy.  And does anyone else find it ironic that the Groundhog predicted an early spring for us this year?  Yeah right!  Apparently the guy has predicted an early spring only 16 times since 1887 & he picks this year to do it.  Sure, Punxsutawney Phil, we really belive that...(and for those of you who didn't know, like me, it is predetermined by a committee whether old Phil will see his shadow or not, not whether he actually does)

For the record, the only kind of Blizzard I like are the ones I can buy...at Dairy Queen.  Otherwise, I'm not interested!  Today is our 6th snow day, which for my teacher friends out there who are watching summer shrink before our eyes, means that our last day of May 23 has now moved into June.  And likely farther into June as I'm going to go out on a limb & predict that we won't have school tomorrow either since the temps are going to be so darn cold.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Friday.  I think that this will be the first year since I've been teaching that we will have more than 6 snow days - and the year we had 6 was the year of the "Great Ice Storm of 2002". 

I'm just going to hope that maybe, just maybe, this will at least be our last big snow event & we can limp into spring with some small bit of sanity.

1 comment:

Middle Name Marie said...

I love "Snow-prah Winfrey!" Thanks for the award. The post will come soon :)

Stay sane inside! I will see you through mid-June at school!!!